Author Topic: Disclaimer about all threads in this section.  (Read 5285 times)

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Disclaimer about all threads in this section.
« on: September 08, 2016, 12:11:35 pm »
These threads represent official information from the states listed as of the date of the post.  The information does not reflect my beliefs or opinions.  This information is not to be considered exhaustive.  There may be further details you need to know including but not limited to city or county ordinances and laws regarding the proper lawful operation of a bicycle.  Laws change, so monitor them yourself.  In every possible case, I have posted a link directly to the individual state's published law at the time, so you can monitor it easily.

With that said, just because it doesn't spell it out in the law doesn't mean you shouldn't or can't do better.  You can get seriously injured or killed riding a bicycle, motorized or not on a roadway.  Do what you have to do in addition to following the laws to protect yourself.  Wear a helmet.  Use lights, reflectors, horns and brakes with a kill switch, etc.

Finally, if you are ignoring these laws, you are endangering yourself as well as other people.   You jeopardize the future of electric bicycles in general by escalating governmental intervention whenever you are involved in unlawful and/or negligent activity.  Please be responsible.  Chances are, in most places, if you look like you are riding a bicycle and comply with laws concerning the operation of a bicycle, authorities won't care about you because you aren't giving them a reason.  If you are not pedaling and riding a wheelie at 30MPH in an urban area without a helmet, you are probably going to get stopped, and I sincerely hope you do.  Keep this in mind, If you fail to follow the law and are involved in a wreck, YOU may (and likely will) be the one held liable for damage and injury even if you were not otherwise at fault.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:56:26 am by Tom Cole »

36V Amped rear gear motor on a 2016 700c Diamondback Trace
Wattcycles on  Facebook

anything